Visiting any of the Royal Palaces will undoubtedly involve purchasing an entry ticket. All the Royal Palaces offer individual or combined tickets. As you know, it is cheaper to buy combined tickets. Also, it is cheaper to skip the line and buy the tickets online. As for me, I discovered that the Historic Royal Palaces offer of an Annual Membership to be beneficial.
1. Access to all 6 of the Royal Palaces
– Tower of London
– Hampton Court Palace
– Banqueting House
– Kensington Palace
– Kew Palace
– Hillsborough Castle
2. Access is all throughout the year, I can explore as many times as I like. As a lover of history, I get to escape to the past and explore history as often as my heart desires.
3. I enjoy a 10% discount on my cup of coffee after exploring, or any purchases made in their cafes, restaurants and shops.
4. As a Member, I receive a free subscription to members magazine, Inside Story
5. There are exclusive events for Members only such as the experience of an expert’s guide with one of the iconic Yeoman Warders at the Tower of London. Members also get to witness the Ceremony of the Keys, the traditional locking up of the Tower of London. There are more events available throughout the year.
6. I have the benefit of 15 months membership for the price of 12 because I signed-up with a Direct debit subscription.
7. All for the price of £53
I consider £53 to be of excellent value to access these iconic places and to be able to visit at more than once is an added advantage. Although I do not have plans to visit Hillsborough Castle this summer, I think that I could try and plan to do so in the next 15 months.
In addition, I get to do my bit to preserve these historic sites for the future generation. I certainly would like my kids and grandkids and grand grandkids…to enjoy these oases of history just as I do. As a UK taxpayer, I Gift Aid to the Historic Royal Palaces so that through my contribution they can care for the palaces.
For me, being a member of the Royal Historic Palaces is a win-win.
If the Annual Membership is not for you, you may wish to purchase the following visitors pass from Viator, the #1 trusted source for sightseeing tours.
You could always check https://www.hrp.org.uk/ for more information.
As always, this is not a sponsored post and all opinions expressed are my own. All photos are my own and are all rights reserved. Please do not reproduce them. All prints are available upon requests. This Post and all related posts may contain affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you click on a link and make a purchase.
Please return to visit this page regularly as I update it with information for upcoming blogs. Stay in touch by subscribing to my blogs, so it goes straight into your inbox – a link is available on the sidebar.
Please leave me a comment or two of your views on this blog – would really appreciate it.